Healing from Hurting
“We’re not responsible for causing our problems, but we’re responsible for cleaning them up.” ~ Dr. Joyce Glasser
The first time I heard my mentor say the above quote, I was stunned. What do you mean we’re not responsible for creating them???? I think I am and certainly I can think of a few people in my life who are!
We had a long discussion about what she meant and this became something I tell clients in my own practice as well.
- We don’t choose how we are parented.
- We don’t choose random events that happen to us.
- We don’t choose abuse, emotional or physical.
- We don’t choose some of the stupid stuff we even do ourselves.
- Depending on your belief system, some would say we don’t “choose” our parents.
- We often don’t choose our belief systems until we’re adults. So those old ones are in there and sometimes try to take over.
Our subconscious mind records and runs our life unless we work with it NOT to. The second half of that sentence is what my mentor was referring to as “cleaning them up.” So often we let beliefs developed in childhood run our adult lives. Beliefs that no longer serve us well. Beliefs we developed with a child’s mind who was just trying to make sense of what was happening.
Here are some questions to ponder this week:
- What needs healing in your body, mind, and/or spirit right now?
- How would you and others around you benefit from your healing?
- Would it help to forgive yourself for unhealed injuries, for problems that happened that you didn’t cause?
- How would you feel differently and function differently if you committed to healing?
- What do you need to do to get to a place where healing is worth it for you?
- If you’re in solid shape, is there anyone around you who could use your support on their own journey towards healing?
Final question – What small act of kindness for yourself or towards someone else or nature can you make this week as a move toward healing? That may be petting an animal, helping someone at the store, or talking kindly to yourself as often as possible.
Although my office is in Broward county and the Fort Lauderdale / South Florida area, I work with people all over the world. If you would like the magic of custom hypnosis, schedule a free consultation to see if we’re a good fit to work together using the link below or above.
Yours in health,