CBT-I and Hypnosis for Insomnia
Sleep Better, Feel Better!
“Dr. Bonet’s hypnosis felt like a miracle. I went right to sleep!” ~ Cathy S.
I use a combined approach of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia / CBT-I and Hypnosis to improve your sleep and stop Insomnia in it’s tracks! You of course have the option of doing just CBT-I if you’re not comfortable with hypnosis.
Ohhh Sleep! Wonderful Sleep! Wouldn’t it be nice to not have to worry about sleep? To know that you can fall asleep within a reasonable amount of time. And to just do a couple of things to prepare yourself, lay your head on the pillow, turn off the light, close your eyes and fall asleep? To wake up feeling like a million dollars, looking forward to the day ahead, feeling happy and refreshed.
Do you both crave and dread sleep? Do you feel like you’re going crazy without it, but then when you lay your head down . . . . drumroll . . . can’t sleep! It’s Insane!
Talk about frustrating and feeling like there’s something wrong with you, like you’re broken. And then you start thinking about everything you have to do the next day, even everything that didn’t get done today because you were too tired, couldn’t concentrate, felt foggy, lost your train of thought . . . the list goes on.
Let me guess. You’ve tried everything.
- You’ve tried medication (with all it’s crazy side-effects)!
- You’ve tried sleep hygiene (useless and frustrating)!
- You’ve tried putting your phone in the kitchen (that’s a long walk in the middle of the night).
- You’ve tried blue light glasses during the day AND night.
- You’ve tried darkening your room.
- You’ve tried herbal teas, calming drinks, supplements, bananas (bananas?).
- You’ve tried yoga (feels good but at 2am)?
- You’ve tried meditation (please don’t make me).
- You’ve even tried some not so legal things . . .
How do I know this?
Because I’ve been there. Hypnosis for Insomnia is a speciality area because I, myself, struggled with it most of my life. It started in childhood and just got worse in adulthood. Crazy college hours. Becoming a mom brought crazy baby and kid hours (who wakes up that early????)! The anxiety of working as a single mom supporting my kids. Believe me, I’ve been there!
It was more than 10 years after I got my PhD in Clinical Psychology and started a private practice that I trained in this beautiful technique called “Hypnosis” and then “Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia.” Before that, I used to struggle trying to help my own clients with sleep. They would do everything on the “You should try” list and come back and say it didn’t work.
After CBT-I & Hypnosis, I finally had something to offer them that worked.
“Your voice is so soothing! I fell right asleep!” ~ Liliana B.
Can anyone be Hypnotized?
If you’re not sure you can even “do” hypnosis or “be” hypnotized, rest assured that you’re very familiar with the trance state. You probably feel like you walk around like a zombie all day long already! Seriously, hypnosis is a skill that anyone can learn and use to their benefit. In fact, my whole goal for you is for you to be able to put yourself to sleep with self-hypnosis!
I honestly don’t know if this will work for you. There’s no way for me to know since you’re a unique, lovely individual. I can tell you that I’ve never worked with anyone who didn’t get benefit from what I taught them. But you may be the exception . . .
I’m sure you’ve tried everything too and maybe you’re too exhausted to try one . . . more . . . thing. I get it. I totally get it. And if you’re too tired to try to sleep better, it’s ok.
But if you’re not. If you’re willing to have an open mind and to just see if this will work for you, I’m up for helping you, for sticking with you until you Sleep Better AND Feel Better.
Your Next Step
It’s easy . . . just schedule a free 15-minute telephone consultation and we’ll discuss what’s keeping you up at night as well as schedule and cost.
- Knocking Insomnia out of the ballpark!
- Learning Why you wake up in the middle of the night.
- Strategies to reduce Anxiety.
- How to handle Anxious thoughts that are keeping you up.
- Adjusting your sleep times to your natural cycles.
- How to best handle your spouse’s requests.
- How to feel better rested even if you’re having a hard night.
- Learning Self-Hypnosis that you can use the rest of your life to help you sleep better.
- Sessions include Hypnosis files for home use.
“I can tell you I’ve tried all kinds of stuff before. My husband reached out to you in desperation for me, but I’m so glad he did. From last week to this week, I was actually able to fall asleep better. I was skeptical, but tried out what we talked about and listened to the hypnosis file. It worked! It really worked! I know I have a ways to go still, but I wanted to let you know this before our next session.” ~ Donna N.
Yours in health and many sleep-ful nights,