I’m doing a 3 day series on the 3 Biggest Mistakes people make with their sleep! See Part 1 Here.
Mistake #2: Thinking “Sleep Hygiene” will fix your Insomnia
Don’t know what Sleep Hygiene is? It’s basically your bedtime routine coupled with a lot more requirements – like stop all electronics an hour before bed, blacken your room with black out curtains, don’t be on your phone or computer if you wake up in the middle of the night, take the tv out of the bedroom.
I talked to someone the other day who signed up for the Sleep Better, Feel Better Online Group. The first questions she asked me was, “Are you going to tell me I can’t play on my phone at night?”
I couldn’t help but laugh and quickly said, “Nope, I’m not!” There is actually research that shows that using just “sleep hygiene” for Insomnia doesn’t work. And, in fact, it can actually make Insomnia worse! Eek!
But just an FYI – that last one – taking the tv out of the bedroom – sorry, but that IS recommended. Go ahead and roll your eyes at me. And, btw, couples who don’t have a tv in the bedroom have more S-E-X (yep, that’s right)!
We talk more about what DOES work and what you CAN do in the online group!
It starts in two days on Tuesday, May 5th, 2020! The groups runs for 4 weeks at [12:00] – 1:00 pm EST / 9:00 am – 10:00 am PST and recordings are available afterwards for anyone who signed up for the program.
Who is this Designed For?
This group is especially suited for the following situations:
- If you are struggling with sleep – falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking up early.
- If you want a natural solution that doesn’t involve medication.
- If you are ready to commit and do some exercises to have better sleep.
- If you want to spend the time that you are isolated at home improving your sleep and decreasing your worry level.
- If you feel overwhelmed right now, it’s affecting your sleep, and you could use the support of a facilitator.
- If you just want to hang out with me for a few weeks for an incredibly low cost!
Who is this Not Designed For
- If you don’t struggle with sleep.
- If you don’t really enjoy online groups – that’s how we’re meeting.
- If you don’t have the money at this time (scholarships are not available for this service).
- If you are too easily distracted at home and can’t find time to either meet live or watch the recordings later.
- If you have a bigger issue that needs uninterrupted one-on-one focus for a few weeks.
- If you are looking for someone to prescribe sleeping pills. This is a natural solution with no side-effects.
Is It a Match for You?
If so, I’d love to meet with you this way. If you’re interested, the next step is to sign up!
Starting Tuesday, May 5th, 2020
You’re only 4 hours away from Better Sleep!