Manage your Anxiety
So who struggles with anxiety and what kind of advice have you gotten? Take deep breaths? Meditate? Do some “self-care?”
Those can help in the long-term, but they’re not very practical for the short-term “I’m having anxiety RIGHT NOW!” type of feeling. Try these instead. And give yourself a high five after doing one!
- How about a scream of rage? That can help release anxiety!
- Going for a run / exercising
- Dipping your face in a sink full of ice-water (really). Or a cold shower. It shifts the nervous system.
- Tell friends and/or family you’re feeling overwhelmed. Let them help you.
- Learn what triggers your anxiety. Is it work, family, school, or something else you can identify?
- If it’s not something important, avoid it. Don’t go to the movies if it makes you anxious.
- If it is something important, then work with an anxiety specialist to be able to face it until it doesn’t cause anxiety.
- Review worksheets to learn skills you can use in the moment when anxiety arises. Here’s a link to some good ones: https://www.livingcbt.com/freeselfhelp.html
- Yes, learning to meditate can help long-term.
Here’s a quote from a past client who was avoiding having a very needed medical exam:
“I wanted to let you know that the medical exam went well. I can’t believe it! I will always be grateful for your help in getting me to this point. Thank you!” – E. D.
Before you go, remember to get your Free Hypnosis to reduce Fear and Anxiety!
I work with people all over the world. If you want to feel better and have a transformed life, grab your Free Consultation with me to get the deets on working together (the how, the when, the where, and the how much)!
Peace and Health,