Welcome! It’s Maternal Mental Health Awareness week! Dr. Liz, a PMD specialist, spreads the word about how to help women who are struggling with depression and/or anxiety during pregnancy and postpartum (PMD and PPD). What you’ll learn:
- Dr. Liz’s own story of postpartum depression
- Symptoms of PMD
- Risk Factors for Postpartum Depression and Anxiety
- How to decrease risk with prevention.
- Three things you can do to help prevent Postpartum Depression and Anxiety.
- How Hypnosis is used in the treatment of PMD and to heal Traumatic Birth.
- How to get help for Prenatal and Postpartum Depression and Anxiety in your area.
PPD can hit anytime in the first year after birth. See Symptoms, Risk Factors, and Resources at http://www.drlizhypnosis.com/episode25
Symptoms start at 9:00 | Risk Factors at 18:56 | Prevention Tips at 26:26 | Treatment Tips at 28:35 | How to Get Help in your Area at 30:15
To get Help
Postpartum Support International Warmline: 1-800-944-4773 and http://www.postpartum.net/
Postpartum Progress: Postpartumprogress.com
Maternal Mental Health Coalition: http://mmhcoalition.com/mmhawarenessweek/
National Suicide Hotline (in the US): 1-800-273-8255.
Dr. Liz’s book: http://amzn.to/2gE08FJ